The CEIAG - (Careers Education Information Advice Guidance) provision in a Delta Academy has been designed to positively support you to acquire the educational, social and employability skills necessary for lifelong success in a diverse and changing world of work. Our Careers Programme is personalised to the academy in conjunction with our partners at Careers INC - Melior
Careers Education is provided though:
- Subject Lessons, - Information and discussions in with a subject specific focus to help you make decisions about careers based on subject knowledge and transferable skills.
- Tutorials, Assemblies & Life Lessons – Discussions and resources about the local market information, growth job sectors and
- Step Up Days - Events such as employability days
Information, Advice & Guidance is provided through:
- Careers Cafes & Careers Fairs - Employers, Colleges and Universities will visit the school on a regular basic to talk to you about their industry and how to train and qualify for role in that sector.
- Careers Portal – You have access to our online Careers Portal.
- Results Service – a team of advisers will be able to talk through you needs on results day to help you confirm your intended destination.
- Qualified 1-2-1 Guidance - You also have access to a qualified careers advisor, who will provide confidential and impartial advice to students on the information they have received or to help guide students to make fully informed decisions.
- Planning for the future – if you have a career idea but want to find out the best route for you or if you have no career ideas our advisers can help you create career ideas around your interests and skills.
- GCSE & A Level Options - Choosing your options and what would best suit you.
- Apprenticeships - Finding work or an apprenticeship, including job hunting techniques including mock interviews
- Higher Education – Reviewing the options and planning the 14-19 journey
- Parents Evenings - Access to careers advisers in a variety of ways including individual meetings, drop-in sessions, enrichment activities, parents and option evenings and on results days
- Technology - Information and updates will also be available on notice boards, plasma screens and the websites
- Start - Online careers platform, designed to connect 11-18 year olds with their future career potential. Each pupil has a log on to access careers information and guidance, to build their own profile and explore job roles and employers. Their log on is valid up until they are 18 so can be transferred to college. Parents, find out more about how you can use this below.
More information for parents:
Start for parents
Letter & how to register - please see related documents link below
Careers & Provider Access Policy & Destinations Data
- Please click here to see our policy and destinations data.
A full outline of our Careers support is available through our CEIAG Curriculum pages
The Local Offer in North Lincolnshire
The Local Offer in North Lincolnshire provides information about education, health and care services. It has lots of information for families of children and young people with special educational needs and/or disabilities (SEND). It includes resources, services, support groups, leisure activities, events, training and much more.