Keep up to date with our careers events & information through our school Twittter page @MeliorAcademy
Employability sessions will be taking place throughout the year. Thease sessions are to provide information on 'how to make yourself employable', discussing:
- Communication & people skills
- How to manage social media accounts
- CV tips
- Mock interview practice
- What diffferent employers look for
Work Experience - Year 11Students
Work Experience Week will take place July 2019.
All year 11 students will be supported should they wish to find a suitable placement for work experience week.
These are events that take place throughout the year during lunch times. Students can speak to people from industry to find out more information about career pathways.
- 12th October - STEM
- 9th November – Forces and Services
- 7th December – Leisure and Well-being
- 25th January – Health
- 1st February - Business, Law and Retail
- 1st March – National Apprenticeship Week
- 22nd March - Creative and Digital
Throughout the year our careers team organise different events inviting external organisations into the Academy, including:
- Local Businesses
- Apprenticeship Providers
These will be announced via our Twitter page and the Melior Community Academy website.
We encourage our students to think about their goals and research the different sectors they are interested in. All students are welcome to come and speak to a member of the team for advice and guidence with careers.