Information & Guidance
All students at Melior Community Academy will be supported through a programme of Information Advice and Guidance.
We recognise that you will need careful support and specialist information to enable positive progress through the complex issue of pathway choice and personal progression.
Melior work closely with the local relevant agencies to support all our students in career planning and applications.
The Academy has a number of stadd dedicated to providing a high quality, impartial careers provision.
Miss Z Bidmead– Principal
Jane Device - External independent careers advice is offered by Careers Inc - please contact the academy if you or your child requires extra appointments
Mrs E Green - Associate SLT for CEIAG
They provide confidential and impartial advice to students on:
- Planning for the future – if you have a career idea but want to find out the best route for you or if you have no career ideas they can help you create career ideas around your interests and skills.
- Choosing your options and what would best suit you.
- Choosing and apply for courses post 16 and post 18.
- Completing application forms, CVs and letters of application.
- Finding work or an apprenticeship.
- Job hunting techniques including mock interviews
If you wish to attend your son/daughters careers interview or just want to chat about their future, please ring the Academy, or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org