Melior Community Academy has a full time Education Welfare Officer
Ms Quickenden and her team play a key role in:
- improving attendance at school
- reducing truancy
- tackling persistent absences
Education Welfare Officers provide advice and support to parents and carers to:
- help resolve problems that affect the school attendance of children and young people
- carry out their legal responsibilities
- help parents and carers to take full advantage of their children's educational provision and maximise their life chances and opportunities.
They can give advice on a range of issues including:
- school attendance
- registration and categories of absence
- leave of absence
- exclusion from school or educational provision
- child employment and entertainment licensing
- legal action relating to attendance issues
- parenting contracts
- truancy sweeps
- Early Help Assessment
- Body of Persons Licence
- chaperone service
We have a duty to identify and track children who are missing education. The Children Missing Education Officer (CME) from the Education Welfare Service undertakes this duty.
If you wish to discuss an attendance concern or query related to any of the above please contact Ms Quickenden through email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone the academy during office hours (8am to 4PM) 01724 868666, alternatively a message can be left on our answerphone.