Over the Easter holidays, use the links below to complete our reading challenge! Once you have read at least 5 of the books below, choose an activity to complete from the ‘Reading Menu’.
Submit your final creation directly to your academy or post a photo on Twitter @deltatrusteng to be in with a chance to win one of 10 x £10 gift cards.
Your challenge is to read at least 5 of the following:
- an electronic book o a non-fiction book o a book with an animal as the main character o a book you read with a friend (use video calling or just agree to read the same book!)
- a book published this year o a mystery or historical fiction book o a fantasy or horror book
- a book recommended by a teacher/or the Delta reading at home booklet
- a comic book
- a favourite book you want to reread
- a book with a front cover you like
- a funny book
You might have some of these books in your house, but if not, try accessing books using the following links:
Accelerated Reader: https://readon.myon.co.uk
David Walliams: https://www.worldofdavidwalliams.com/elevenses/
The deadline for your submission is Monday 20th April at 11am
Reading Menu – create and submit ONE of the following to be in with a chance to win a £10 gift card.
- Write a poem or song which summarises the books you have read. Make it informative but catchy (you could submit via video recording or on paper)
- Write a formal letter to your local library explaining why they should stock each of the texts you have read.
- Write a story based on ideas from all of the books you have read (you could steal a character name from one book, a setting from another etc.)
- Create a leaflet/poster advertising all of the books you have read
- Create a comic strip based on the books you have read
- Create 10-15 challenging quiz questions about the texts you have read (remember you will also need the answers!)
All of the above can be submitted as a word document, PPT or short recording/animation. Have fun! We can’t wait to see your submissions.
Delta English Team